Advice for after Amatsu
How will I feel after Amatsu?
A significant number of people notice a difference immediately after treatment, while the effects will not be felt by others for a few days. Usually clients will feel more freedom to move and notice their bodies standing and moving differently as though their bodies are more upright. Treatments can sometimes cause people to feel relaxed and/or sleepy. Achiness is a common symptom of the treatment as the body is letting go of old injuries.
Drink water after Amatsu
In order to counteract this, you should drink large amounts of water and stay mobile. This is how your body is reacting to the changes it has just undergone and is perfectly normal. At The Amatsu Orthopath Clinic we suggest 2L per day minimum.
Report back to your Amatsu therapist
In order to help your treatment structure, it may be useful to your practitioner to be informed of these changes.
In order to imbed the corrections made from the Amatsu therapy, walk for a few minutes after your treatment. The following list is our general advice that should be followed for 24-48 hours after the treatment:
- Most importantly: Drink large amounts of water.
- Stay mobile, for example go for short but brisk walks.
- Do not wear high heels and try to be barefoot at home or as much as possible.
- Have a warm shower or bath.
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise.
- Be mindful to avoid uncomfortable postures that might have caused the problem in the first place, for example sitting while hunching over a keyboard.
- Tiredness is a common symptom because the therapy is asking your body to disengage lots of habits that it held for a long time. Be kind to your body and try to pay attention to your body’s needs.
If you have engaged with treatment due to issues with gastric, abdominal or your immune system, you should steer clear of foods that cause dehydration or that can cause stress reactions in your body. Examples of these foods would be refined sugars caffeine based products and processed foods. If you have any questions or concerns following your treatment please contact your practitioner who will be able to discuss them with you. Amatsu therapy cannot be used instead of medical treatment without consultation from your GP.